- You will always have access to home grown natural and healthy whole food prepared with nutritional value in mind.
- You will always feel satisfied after a meal and you will look forward to your next meal.
- I will encourage you to eat a very large salad from a variety of ingredients almost every day, for the vitamins, minerals and important Omega 3s and phytonutrients that it gives us. Our food will not always be cold; expect a wide variety of hot dishes as well!
- Healthy snacks will always be available to you.
- Your desire to avoid gluten, dairy, sugar, etc. will be respected.
- Although I choose to eat primarily whole living plant foods, I am not a ‘raw food fanatic,’ nor do I endorse all aspects of what has come to be known as the ‘gourmet raw food’ movement because many of the foods are too high in fat to be ‘healthy’.
- Our food is largely home grown and prepared in-house because it is my view that most processed foods, including many foods sold in health foods stores, are less nutritious. There is a variety of reasons for this, perhaps most significantly, the high level of Omega 6 fats relative to Omega 3 fats in most processed food. Inflammation is one example of the effect of this imbalance.
- I will listen to your point of view and make every effort to learn from it.
- I am far from perfect and I do not expect you to be perfect either.
...Some examples of my imperfections
- I drink green juice and eat a massive salad every day – but from time to time, when I go out with my friends or family I eat fish, pizza or even a steak.
- I rarely say no to a glass or two of wine when I am out with my friends.
- When I travel home to Canada and my mom makes roast ham, I eat some.
- From time to time, I will drink a beer on a hot summer day.
- I normally avoid dairy but I like the occasional yogurt or ice-cream.
- My diet deteriorates when I travel because I cannot find fresh whole foods (or good substitutes for them) in the quantities that my body needs.
I look forward to welcoming you to the Queen Bee Retreat.
Retreat choices and prices
Book now by email